Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Psychic Friends Network

Today I put my psychic friend Carol Ann up for a job reading tarot cards at a fancy Hollywood birthday party. I love the fact that I can say, "my psychic friend" without making those annoying quote-y gestures with my fingers.

Last year Carol Ann read my cards for my birthday in January and predicted that I'd close a big movie deal around the time of the Summer Solstice.

July 1st rolled around. No deal. Nothing even remotely in the works. I call Carol Ann. "What gives?" I demand. "Where's my fantastic deal?" Carol Ann consults the cards. "Oh. I screwed up," she says. "It'll happen this week."

"Well, thats bullshit." I think to myself. "Everyone's already gone for the 4th of July holiday."

On July 4th one of my director calls me frantically. "I met this rich guy at a party last night. He's agreed to finance our movie!"

No comments: