Sunday, November 16, 2008

Get a Free Lunch on Me (cough) I Mean Kinkos

It's official. I have now been cleaning my office for an entire month. And it's still not done. I thought that I'd been good at getting rid of old documents that I no longer needed, but somehow, every year I find another check register from 1996 and another stack of inter-office memos from a company that I haven't worked for in over a decade.

Sigh.

I also have a big stack of business cards from people and companies whose names I don't recognize that I pulled from various files.

Here's what I just learned about myself:

Apparently, I'm friendly or competent looking enough that people give me their business cards. And, I am bad at following up with them...

At my friendly neighborhood Kinko's where I spend all my hard earned cash making script copies, there that fishbowl by the front door with a sign that says, "Drop in your business card for a chance at a free lunch!"

Today I dropped 20 random business cards into the fishbowl.

Maybe someone I don't remember meeting will get lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!

It makes me wish I had a stack of business cards.

-Katy

P.S. You should consider getting your own photocopier. There are many used ones, you might even be able to get a free one.

My sister, who is an illustrator has her own and she loves it!